Windhover: A Journal of Christian Literature is dedicated to promoting poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction that considers Christian perspectives and spiritual themes. The editorial team will consider unsolicited submissions of poetry, short fiction, nonfiction, and creative nonfiction February 1-August 1 for inclusion in Volume 21, to be released in February 2017.
Simultaneous submissions are acceptable provided that you let us know if your work has been accepted elsewhere. (Please contact us via email and withdraw your submission from our online submission manager.)
When submitting your work, please follow these specifications:
- Send one prose piece or no more than five poems. (Works longer than 4,000 words are not ordinarily considered.)
- Include a brief cover letter with your name, address, email, the title of your submission(s), and a 2-4 sentence bio written in third-person.
- Include your name and email address on each page of your submission(s).
- Submission should be uploaded as either .doc, .docx, or .rtf file.
- We do not consider previously published work.
From the editor: “We are looking for writing that avoids the didactic, the melodramatic, the trite, the obvious. Eschew tricks and gimmicks. We want writing that invites rereading.”
We also welcome book reviews for publication on the Windhover blog. We consider book reviews all year, and we recommend you visit the review section of the blog to obtain a better sense of our tastes.
Book reviews should be submitted as .doc, .docx, .rtf., or .odt files. There are no length specifications.
Windhover homepage: http://undergrad.umhb.edu/english/windhover-journal
Find Windhover on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WindhoverJournal
Check out the Windhover blog for book reviews and other info: http://blogs.umhb.edu/windhover/
Follow Windhover on Twitter @WindhoverMagWindhover email: firstname.lastname@example.org